Bloomington Meals on Wheels has been serving our neighbors in the Bloomington area for 40 years. Founded in 1973, our program provides nutritious meals to homebound people who are unable to cook for themselves. We ensure that our clients receive two good meals a day delivered by a friendly visitor. Any person who lives in our Bloomington service area is eligible for Meals On Wheels. We have no age or economic restrictions.
Phone: (812) 355-8224 or: (812) 353-2248
Fax: (812) 353-2246
Meals on Wheels
PO Box 1149
727 West 1st Street
Bloomington, IN 47402
Having trouble viewing the website with Firefox? Try a different browser: Internet Explorer, Chrome or Safari
Happy to receive our $5000 grant award from Duke Energy to help us expand our services to those in need. Pictured L to R are Lisa Kobe, Duke Energy representative, Bruce Calloway, Government and Community Relations Manager for Duke Energy, Marc Fishman, MOW Board Chair, Kathy Romy, MOW Executive Director.
Bloomington Meals on Wheels!
The single largest donation in the history of Bloomington Meals on Wheels was made Saturday, April 30 as 100 Men Who Cook event raised $120,000 to benefit Bloomington Meals on Wheels and G.O.A.L. (Get Onboard Active Living) — a program in our community working to fight childhood obesity. The two organizations will divide the record fundraising donation equally to benefit their programs. Kudos to sponsors Old National Bank and Bloomington Hospital Foundation who coordinate and sponsor the 100 Men Who Cook event each year. Read more here…
Please watch our new video!
A Little Love Goes A Long Way!
Thanks to the students in the IU School of Public & Environmental Affairs who made Valentines for Meals on Wheels Clients!
MOW Volunteer Martha delivers a special Valentine to MOW client Richard.
MOW December 2015 Newsletter
click HERE to read all about MOW
Featured in this newsletter:
● Together, We Can Deliver. ™
● News from Our Executive Director
● Home Instead Awards Grant
● Satisfaction Survey Results
● Breakfast Fundraiser
BKD employee donates $1000
to Meals on Wheels
Bloomington Meals on Wheels thanks BKD and Teresa Burks for their generosity! Teresa recently donated her employee award of $1000 to Meals on Wheels. Seen here are Mary Horn, BKD partner; Teresa, Kathy Romy, MOW Director and Dennis McGuire, BKD partner.
$2400 raised from
MOW Benefit Breakfast
- $2400Meals on Wheels board members Mary Sutherland and Marc Fishman served breakfast with a smile at the Meals on Wheels benefit breakfast sponsored by the American Legion, Post 18 on October 31. Meals on Wheels raised $2,400 from this event which will be used to continue to serve those low-income clients who cannot afford Meals on Wheels’ $7-a-day fee.
Bloomington Meals on Wheels receives proceeds from
Lennie’s Dine & Donate program
- Jeff Mease, Co-Founder, One World Enterprises, Lennie Busch, Co-Founder, One World Enterprises, Kathy Romy, Exeutive Director, Meals on Wheels, and Mike Fox, General Manager, Lennie’s & Bloomington Brewing Co., Brewpub
Home Instead Senior Care Foundation
awards grant to
Bloomington Meals on Wheels
- Home Instead awards Bloomington Meals on Wheels $7800 grant check. L to R is Joe Yonkman, Home Instead Business Development Director; Ben Klipsch, Home Instead owner; Kathy Romy, MOW Director; Marc Fishman, MOW Board Chair Elect.
Hear an Audio Story by IU Journalism student Kelsey Frank about Helen Freeman, a 93-year-old woman who dedicates her free time to volunteering for Meals on Wheels. Through her retirement, she has found a way to help other people in her community, and her dedication to service comes from an early personal loss.
MOW Volunteer Helen Freeman receives Lifetime Achievement Award
Longtime MOW Volunteer, Helen Freeman was recognized for her longtime service to Meals on Wheels on Tuesday, April 1 at the 2014 Bloomington Be More Awards at Buskirk-Chumley Theater. Helen was presented with the Be More Dedicated award, given to an individual for a lifelong contribution to volunteering. She’s delivered more than 48,000 meals to more than 2,000 clients in more than 25 years of service. Read more here about Helen’s amazing service and the Be More Award ceremony….
We Love Our Volunteers!
- Helen Freeman delivers Meals on Wheels
Helen Freeman, 93, has dedicated 26 years of service to Meals on Wheels. It’s estimated that Helen has delivered over 48,000 meals and visited with over 2,000 clients during that time! When asked why she volunteers she says “I always wanted to do for other people. As long as I’m able, I’m doing.”